Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Print on Print

How do you know that you have made it to the beacon of fashion understanding? By capturing the elusive ability to mix prints. I have discovered that mixing prints is a finely tuned art that for me is only successful after lots of trial and error sessions in front of my bathroom mirror.

However, today, ShopBop provided me with some great thought starters to wet my mixing prints' appetite. Some key things I consistently notice from their examples is the mixing of a small print with a large print and making sure at least one print reads more neutral in color and tone. Also, the lines and proportions of the outfits tend to remain simple so to let the prints do all the talking.



For more hints and ideas on mixing prints check out ShopBop's full trend report. If you have a desire to mix prints, it is totally worth viewing.


1 comment: