Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fall 2010 Runway Review





The less than pristine economy brought a sense of trend continuation from Fall '09 to Fall '10 runway looks. Nothing seemed to be completely rewritten but more repurposed. The biggest trend I saw was tons of crazy layers motivating me to experiment with what I have for Fall '10 versus buying all new. That is a nice break on our economy hit pocketbooks.



Here are a couple other big picture trends I either saw or read about on the runway:

  • Furs and shearing (I am still vowing to go faux)
  • Booties with bling
  • Ethnic patterns and inspiration
  • Ruffles and draping
  • Full skirts
  • Thigh highs and tights
  • Belted layers
  • Historically inspired hats
  • Luxe fabrics like velvet, sequins and shiny materials
  • Pleated and tapered dress pants circa 1980s
Sources: The Cut and ShopBop



No comments:

Post a Comment